Monday, December 8, 2008

29th Grand Marian Procession @ Intramuros, Manila

The 29th Grand Marian Procession was held yesterday, December 7, 2008 at Intramuros Manila [specifically Manila Cathedral].

The procession started 4:00pm however many people already assembled near the vicinity and also at the Fort Santiago where all of the carriages with the image of Mary are waiting.

I arrived there at 2:15pm where there are many people at the Manila Cathedral and not to mention at Fort Santiago. I waited near the Palacio de Gobernador if ever my classmates are already around. While I was waiting, there was a vendor who sat next to me with many sombreros and some other stuff he sells. With the way he looks, he is not poor and not also rich. But what really shocked me is that when I saw his cellphone, I was surprised to see that it's the cellphone that I wanted, Nokia 5310. So you can't really say that man is poor [or it maybe 2nd hand? but still that's the cellphone I want]

*skips the waiting*

And so I met my classmates near Casa Rocha. From there, we waited for the others and also our professor. With so many people, you can't really see the people you are waiting. But we managed to meet him and also signed the attendance. After waiting near the Manila Cathedral our school was announced and soon students who are around started to join the procession. With so many people standing and blocking our pathways, we took another route to try and catch up.

While we were discussing one of my classma
tes looked at us and kept saying "Shit Shit!" and most of my classmates are laughing and screaming. I was really curious and looked. To my surprise I saw an old man peeing in front of us [of course hindi siya malapit sa amin LOLS] he was covering his sensitive part while peeing and screaming "Wag kayo tumingin! (Don't look at me!)" We runaway but all of us are laughing really hard. My friend even said that the old man was irrational because even though he was screaming at us not to look, he still peed in front of us.

After that incident, we finally caught-up with my ot
her classmates. We walked and walked until it was getting dark and we were getting really hungry and tired. We reached Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Manila (PLM). And then we had a long stop. While waiting, we saw a bunch of students who are holding pieces of paper in which we were wondering what is that for [actually questionnaire siya to prove that you really joined the procession] we don't have one like that and it's a good thing since it's troublesome to white something in every stop.

After awhile, we noticed that many people are starting to leave. So we asked our prof. My friend, Mike, asked when will the procession end. He replied "Hanggang sa Grand Stand (Until the Grand Stand)." Of course we were surprised because that would be too far and tiring [not to mention unbelievable]. So we persuaded him to ask our prof. again and also ask if we can now go home. He then replied "Hanngang sa Manila Cathedral (Until Manila Cathedral)" and then we asked if we can go home. Our prof. said to him "I'm not forcing you. You decide if you want to go home." We were doubtful with what our prof. said because it maybe some kind of a trick [baka kasi nangongonsensya hahaha] and so we still continued.

We passed Mcdo, Mapua and Lyceum and we were almost near Letran. After that, one of my classmates found some pamphlets endorcing 7-elevens promo.


Since we are tired, hungry and not to mention thirsty, we rushed to 7-eleven. When we arrived at 7-eleven, we were surprised to see many Letranites inside [so doon pala sila mga nagsipunta pagkatapos mabigay ang papel sa prof nila LOL] After buying our food, we checked outside to see if our line already passed or not. Since it's still far away, we sat down to eat. When we found our line, we went back. Nakakatuwa nga kasi nagtataka yung isang classmate ko kung bakit ang bilis namin kumain ni Joseph while she and Edward are still not yet finished. Our prof. approached us and wodered why we are still there. "Sir nakakahiya naman kasi sa inyo eh" sabi namin. It didn't take long before we decided to go home [mahirap na kasi umuwi ng sobrang gabi at hinahabol namin ang oras ng last train sa LRT] We bid our prof. goodbye and went home.

That event was really fun even though it's tiring since I get to be friends with my other classmates who just transfered from our section. They are nice but not all. I mean there are others who are social climbers like our class president 's group and since I don't like those types of people, I don't really want to but-in with them. Kumbaga, ayoko na lang maging sobrang malapit kasi who knows, mamaya titirahin ka sa likod [ayoko pa naman sa lahat ang ganon]

And that's all for today, I'll post more during my freetime~

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP