Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Letran College Week "Arriba Fest"

Last December 18,2008 was our last day before Christmas vacation. It is also the Arriba Fest night. The night started with a Mass and fireworks. [I have a video of it but I'll just post it before New Year's Eve.] Different bands participated in our Arriba Fest and they are Christian Bautista [yes I know he is not a band but a singer nevertheless, he participated in our fest], Taken by Cars, Paraluman, Rivermaya and Parokya ni Edgar.

Christian Bautista was the first to perform. Many girls are near the stage just to take a picture of him close-up and also a video. I was dragged by my "girl" friend [no not girlfriend/gf LOLS] to accompany her near the stage. While I was with her there were too many people and it's really really hot. Mabuti na lang may pamaypay ako nung oras na yun. Since I can't stand the crowd, I asked her if we could just watch from a distance. She agreed however, Christian Bautista got off the stage and into the grounds. At dahil dun, hinila na naman ako ng kaibigan ko. We got separated although I can see her. But I don't want to force myself to go near. Ayoko pa naman ng mainit. So I just waited in a less crowded spot. Moving on, I can say that his performance was really good. I don't have anything negative to say about his performance. In fact, I even sing-along LOLS funny it may be but I did like one song he sang. It's an old song but I really like that song. [It's not one of his songs but rather an old song that he used to sing.]

After Christian Bautista's performance comes the start of the bands. The first one was Taken by Cars. I don't know this bands and I think they are not yet popular since they are allowed to sing 7 songs. Imagine, ang daming kanta na nun. Why 7 songs? well because they are new and not recognized. Bands that are famous or well-known are allowed to sing 4 to 5 songs. [I think kasi hindi ko naman nabilang rin sabi lang yan ng friend ko] Moving on, I must say they their vocalist is really bad. I mean, she can't even mix her voice with the music and not to mention a little delayed. No offense to their fans but in my humble opinion, hindi maganda ang performance nila. Ayoko yung mga kinanta nila at ayoko rin ang tune ng kanilang music. My fellow schoolmates and classmates would agree with me. Although there are student's who are near the stage. Pero ganun pa man, pangit talaga ang performance nila for me. I can't stand their music that time. I don't know why their performance was really awful. But maybe because they are not prepared? The vocalist is the main problem. I don't see any problem with the others and the sound system. Yung vocalist kasi, ang hina hina ng boses. Nasasapawan ang kanyang boses ng tugtog. But anyway, I don't want to rant anymore and I just hope they do improve. I don't think they are that bad. Maybe more practice and more preparation before performing. Maybe it's not their lucky day too. O well~ I don't want to rant anymore and please don't flame me in my comments page.

After that Paraluman was next. I don't know them but they are popular [Sorry hindi ako updated sa OPM LOL] I don't have much to say about them but I liked their performance. Kahit na sabi ng vocalist na paos siya at may sakit. She still sings nice.

Rivermaya was the next one to perform. Many students and I think professors too rushed near the stage. Now this is the band I know. Although Rico Blanco is not around anymore, their new vocalist was really good. I like all of the songs they sang that time. But unfortunately I have to go home and I didn't manage to hear their last performance [naabutan ko lang is 214 with is favorite ko sa kanila pero wala ako magagawa kundi umuwi na at hinahanap na ako LOL]

The last but not the least was Parokya ni Edgar. I can't tell much about their performance nor the songs they sang. But according to my classmates they had a really fun night. And sabi nila na the best ang Parokya ni Edgar. And so, I have to believe them. LOL

It was a long night and although I didn't manage to finish the whole concert, I did enjoy it and had a really fun night.

And that is the end of the College Week and start of the Christmas vacation. I don't have much to do here at home but I do watch anime, read manga, chat at yahoo messenger, surf the net, listen to music, sleep and other things LOL. I don't blog much as I have said and you see that my post are irregular. It really depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to post but I didn't manage to continue because I was so sleepy that I forgot. Tignan ninyo rin. Ilang araw na ang nakalipas bago ko matapos ang College Week special ko LOL.

Anyway I'll make sure to post before the New Year.

See you next time~

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP