Friday, December 19, 2008

Letran College Week "Run for Camiguin"

Last December 16, 2008 was the Fun Run called "Run for Camiguin". The event started with a warm-up [well not all of us warmed-up since we cannot really see the steps and not to mention the steps are corny and boring. After that, we went outside the campus and stationed beside the Gym. When the signal fire was shot, all people [students and employees alike] started to run. But because it is too crowded, many people walked first before running.

There are 5 stop-overs each having designated colors. The 1st stop is near the Lyceum campus, 2nd is near the PLM campus, 3rd is near the San Agustin Church, 4th is near Manila Cathedral and the last stop is beside the Letran Gym. For the colors, the 1st stop's color is white, 2nd is black, 3rd is blue, 4th is yellow and last stop is red.

During the fun run, I didn't really run because if I do run, sooner or later my back would hurt. I don't know but maybe I have a feeling that I might be starting to have hypertension. O_O Well so there, I didn't manage to run but instead, I just walk and enjoy looking at the buildings and try to remember them so that I won't get lost LOL

After the fun run, we head straight to our bio class to have our blood typing. There are 2 serums that we should know. The blue serum is the anti-A serum and the yellow is the anti-B serum. I don't quite get it but if your blood would clot in the blue serum then you are type A and if your blood would clot at the yellow serum then you are type B. If your blood would clot at both serum then you are type AB and if not then you are type O.

I asked my friend if he could prick me because I'm scared of blood but I don't faint if I would see blood. And so he did pricked me and placed it in a slide. But the thing is, he wiped it in the slide instead because my blood won't drop easily. [Maybe because I'm still tired from the run and my blood won't drop right away.] Dahil sa ginawa niya, ang sakit tuloy. I mean when he pricked my ring finger it doesn't hurt much but when he wiped it in the slide it hurts. Then we quickly placed a cotton at my bleeding finger [LOL mukha lang siyang bleeding kasi kumalat yung dugo sa side. Akala ko sa side niya ni-prick kasi hindi mo na makita kung saan kasi ni-prick and besides mas maraming dugo sa side] After that, we checked our blood type and my blood type is B. LOL I though I was A haha! But no matter if I'm blood A or B hindi ako ampon. Well my parents are both blood AB so if you would do it in a punnett square, I can have A,B or AB but not O. So at least I'm glad. [LOLS hindi ako ampon! hahaha!]

And that's all I can tell. There aren't many activities that day. Next time, I'll post the Arriba fest and also the aftermath LOL

See you next time~

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP